Battery Acid Spill

jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Somehow I had a battery cell cover pop off or I somehow left it open on my left side group 65 battery. This allowed the acid in three cells to splash around that side of the engine compartment. I'm thinking this went on for several days until the truck would not start, which is how I found the problem. Fortunately we were home in the driveway at this point, having just returned from a trip to Colorado.



Besides ruining the battery the acid has also done some damage of it's own, eating paint off parts, etc. I neutralized it with a water and baking soda solution and then rinsed that off, but I'm wondering if there is more I should do. I'm worried that this may have created a situation for further corrosion and rust if I don't do more i.e. repainting parts and undercarriage, etc, but I'm unsure if that's over kill.



I've tried recharging the affected battery with no luck so I'm replacing both batteries.





Pete




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor