Tow Packages - Are they Necessary for Me?

dimanche 31 août 2014

I am a recent owner of a 2012 Flying Cloud 20 foot, all I need is a tow vehicle and I will be off to the races. Quick rundown of the FC specs:



5000# GVWR • 5000# Axle System • 4211# UBW • 789# NCC • 631# Hitch Weight



I'm considering a used (2009 - 2014) extended cab 4x4 1/2 ton pickups from the usual suspects - Ford F150, Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra. I'm pretty certain that any of the three trucks would provide the right combination of towing and payload capacity (someone can correct me if I'm way wrong). The issue that I have been having is that I would prefer a truck with a tow package - but when I do my searches I have had some difficulty in finding one. I'm not saying it is impossible - far from it - but when I search on sites I would see maybe 20 vehicles that fit the criteria I'm looking for (less than 80k miles) but if I also select that it has a tow package that gets me closer to two or three vehicles. I live in Denver, Colorado.



Are the factory tow packages preferred over those without? And, if I purchased a vehicle without a tow package how much expense is involved in getting a vehicle "tow ready?" What are the pros and cons of a factory package vs. after-market?


Also, one other, perhaps, simple question, the original owner used a 2009 Chevy Avalanche as a tow vehicle. The owner is willing to sell his 110k mi vehicle to me for about $15k, his vehicle already has all the necessary pieces to tow the FC - would anyone have reservations or recommendations about using the Avalanche?


The vehicle came with an equal-i-zer hitch which I intend to use as well.



If I left out some crucial information that would help you answer the above question it would be happy to answer it if I can find it. I tried the search function to see if I could find the answer to this question but could not seem to find the right information.



Am I on the right track for a tow vehicle?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor