River's End CG Tybee - Not Sure?

dimanche 31 août 2014

So was considering going to the area of savannah, Hilton head, tybee, for a 7 day summer beach trip in 2015 as we have never been to that part of the country.



We liked the idea of being very close to the beach with our small kids so we spotted this "River's End Campground".



Also my sister and her two daughters (8 and 11) are going to meet us there, and possibly shack up with us in the AS (we did this a couple weekends ago successfully and had a blast with the girls)...this would be total of 7...their website says max 6 persons per site...but perhaps they wont count my 2 year old? Ill call them about this I suppose ahead of time...we will have 3 adults, a 4 year old, 2 year old, an 8 year old and 11 year old.



Concerned though because all of the seemingly nicer interior spots are already reserved leaving only the perhaps less desirable outer sites many lite the road which I read is fairly busy...this could be annoying stress with small kids...but doable I suppose.



Beach was not dog friendly, but a nice dog park near there I hear.



My sister could rent a cabin if push comes to shove...but we leaned away from that because at night its easier for all us 3 adults to sit around and enjoy the campfire and some cold beverages will all kids in the camper fast asleep, then later adults pop in and sleep.



I had looked at the other nearby option of skidaway island state park...much nice camping spots it seems, but a drive to the beach and my wife was concerned it would be too much hassle to enjoy the beach and stuff for kids to do as we see it...easier to bring kids back for naps if we are near the beach for example.



Any thoughts? Ideas? I really wish my sister could just come down here and we go to say port st. joe here in the panhandle in april or may...but that is way far for her...



What about time of year in that region? June is good for tybee with kids?



Thanks for any and all advice folks



Oh, to the person that had PM'ed me all about Hilton head stuff to do...something happened and I think I accidentally deleted ALL my messages....I am genuflecting right now in lieu of my terrible sin!! that was so thoughtful and detailed..I feel awful truly! And I forget your screen name :(




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor