Newbie

samedi 30 août 2014

Live in northern Illinois. Just bought 1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 from my uncle for $2000 . He bought it 2 years ago , was told everything worked. He paid $3500 and never stepped foot in it. I bought it to place on my property in Iowa as a hunting cabin per say. Want to put on concrete pad, up on blocks and skirt.

When I first looked at it, pretty clean, no mice, no leaks, no odor.

Figured $2000 was worth just shell alone(cost me over $500 for material to build 4 x 8 chicken coop for wife, nothing fancy, to place in barn. Would have been another $500 for steel to put in yard. Didn't hàppen. I know, awfully expensive eggs!) remember, just material, no labor.

Got it home cleaned it up and started çhecking out mechanics. Air, stove and fridge work(metal bottom face rusty, creating bad seal). Found water heàter and PVC fitting by front storage tank leaking. Wasn't properly winterized. I am a plumber by trade so should I find it worth it, repair. Already use to hunting without running water so not a priority. No gas to furnàce(yes I turned on gas cock) guessing bad gas valve but could not locate. Solution...electric space heatèr.

So for $2000, I have a small furnished cabin with air, stove and fridge(don't hold enough beer tho). Any insight on any issues would be appreciated...just go easy on me if you think I paid too much.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor