Did I Goof?

samedi 30 août 2014

Complete Newbie here -



Restore cars - never an Airstream, but am completely enjoying the experience.



I have one or two fairly significant scratches in my 1972 Overlander Land Yacht. I used 600 grit sandpaper (for 5 minutes at most) on the scratch - thinking that I could move up on the grit level to blend the scratch.



Then I realized that I could/might have removed some of the coating - as the area I sanded became lighter than the area I was already buffing.



Can I repair this - or do I need a new panel? I am going to try to buff it out with Nuvite today - and see what it looks like.



If a new panel is needed, I'll do that as well.



Can post a picture after I work on it again today.



Also, does anyone sell kits - or parts of kits, that fit into Airstreams - you know - couches, bunks, sinks, bathrooms. Haven't found a one on line - might be a business I'd consider starting (serial entrepreneur).



Thanks so much for helping me through this exciting restoration.



Also, - I want to add solar to my unit and A/C, in fact, will be replacing all of the major mechanicals - so if anyone could recommend the preferred vendors, I'd be thankful.



Ok, back to polishing.



Paul




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor