Hot/Dry vs. "cool/wet"

lundi 30 juin 2014

So some time back I got a dehumidifier for my airstream to use. I use 15am only from home at this point (will get the 50amp setup in the coming 6-9 months or so) and it seems to run fine with that.



My question is:



I live in Alabama. My strategy right now is to close up the airstream entirely and run the dehumidifier and keep it at 50% humidity inside the airstream.



Is it better to be hot in that thing when stored at my house all summer with no air flow but DRY?



I think when I first plugged in the unit, it read humidity at like 75% so it seems intuitive that hot and dry is preferred...I guess?



It sucks out a full 30 pint to fill the unit about ever 2 days or so...



I also during my last drip to georgia with my wife brought it along and ran the unit at night along with my AC just to see what would happen.



Well, we got there at about noon on a friday, and ran the dehumidier all day and barely collected any water...but overnight while asleep (and temps dropped) it collected approximately 15 pints.



Its subjective and perhaps in my head, but running that unit along with AC seemed to make things even more dry over night.



Also, I ran it in the bathroom while showering and it made for no condensation around the shower...usually the aluminum interior skin around the shower tends to get all misty including around the overhead led lighting...didnt happent with the unit running along with the small exhaust fan running.



Happy Monday everyone




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor