2x4 under floor?

dimanche 29 juin 2014

Hello fellow Argonauts. I own a 1972, 26' rear bath, full bed model. I've been getting her ready for a trip, and I'm pretty happy about the condition the trailer is in. First of all, the flooring in the back of the trailer looks like new plywood, but I know it's not because you can see the age in the screws, etc.



The trailer has spent its entire life in the Chihuahua desert of El Paso, TX, so it's rarely had any water hitting it. Of course it has had some encounters with water, and the customary rot near the curved window by the door is there. I've been lurking on these forums for years prior to purchasing a trailer and for a year after I purchased my Argosy. I also attended the Vintage Trailer Academy in Albuquerque last year, so I've done my research.



Here's the strange thing: I don't recall anyone mentioning a 2x4 running down the center of the trailer. Since I'm not doing an entire frame off, I've been using a circular saw set t the proper depth with the intent of removing sections where rot is present and replacing. To do this, I am cutting strategically so that I can A. fit the wood in in sections, and B. using the beams as supports in the best way possible.



Is it normal to have a 2x4 running down the center of an Argosy? Here is a link to a picture. if you look at the left side of the photo, you'll see where I have cut away part of the plywood, revealing a 2x4 underneath. The 2x4 is in excellent condition. I was just shocked to find it.



Removing Floor Under Fridge - Photo Gallery




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor