66 Globetrotter fresh water leak up front?

samedi 28 juin 2014

Hey y'all,

Hope somebody can advise me on this. All of a sudden today(I guess that's the way most things happen...) I noticed water dripping slowly just a bit forward of the front door on my 1966 Globetrotter. I checked the pump compartment on the opposite front side, and all's dry there.



I took out enough plywood from the front bed to be able to see the starboard forward corner, and it was wet, but couldn't see where it's coming from....seems the water line running to the starborard side kitchen, bath sink and water tank are under the flooring.



I read on the forum that a common occurrence is that, if you fill the water tank too rapidly, there's a vent tube that can pop off and leak. I don't know if my tank(blue plastic) has one or where it's located, or how you check it.



I drained the tank, and started over. The dripping begins pretty quickly after I begin filling it from the cap at the front of the Airstream. I had the tank full the previous couple of days with no problems. There are no leaks apparent under the sinks, only in that starboard curbside corner.



Anyone have any ideas as to how to best proceed. Any advice is sure welcome!

Gatlin Dave




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor