SODA REFILLS on the Road...

lundi 29 décembre 2014

Yes... I have time on my hands. I also had a 30" snow shovel in them today and running my ATV with a 48" plow in the front with a wind chill that had to be Arctic Summer at the best. So cut me some slack time in my comfort zone... the Air Forums.



There are several kinds of Soda Fountains. I know, I worked in an office for a major soft drink company. Their Cola was a bit sweet for my tastes, but it was an interesting job, if anyone can say interesting and job in the same sentence. I lasted six months... but had a better deal going on and resigned.



There are Regions that a bottler can distribute their line of soft drinks. The plant is printed on the can or bottle cap. Almost like Bootleggers... one distributor WILL NOT cross boundaries that the Main Company designates as... Their Territory.



Two Options, maybe Three if you pick up a 2 liter or package.



Pre Mix: It is made by the Soft Drink Bottler at the plant and in a large cylinder. The soft drink(s) are, or should, taste exactly like those coming out of the bottle or can. When it comes out of the fountain... it is ONE COLOR. The carbonated water and syrup have been PRE... MIIXED. Get it? OK. This will or should taste like the local bottler's product. Should.



There is a 'brix tester". You can even buy one for yourself. The PROFIT in a soda is not adding too much SYRUP into the carbonated water... which the CO2 and H2O mix. Too little soda and it tastes... weak, it also is more profitable. I use to carry a Brix Tester around while out of the office to see who was "shorting on the syrup". A Corporate tester is usually working at the major bottlers to test that the bottler is not cutting the syrup to make a bit extra money after 100,000 bottles or cans are filled and delivered. You get the picture? Brix: measuring syrup to water percentages.



Post Mix: This is where the Brix Tester is really needed. The syrup is added to the water at the site of delivery... YOUR REDUCED PRICE REFILL CUP. You will see carbonated water and a stream of syrup being added as you fill. The Soda Company (usually Pepsi or Coke) sets the syrup volume to the carbonated water ratio. There is a... number... that is optimum. Do not go lower... but if you want to make the soda a bit more tasty... add more syrup. It is the Concentrated Syrup that costs money. The ice you add... I call it... PROFIT. My Dad worked as a Soda Jerk in High School in Montana and the boss said... "son... add ice... it is PROFIT."



Post Mix can taste better than the most expensive whiskey or wines. There is a spot in Idaho that I wanted to go back and fill up my two 5 gallon plastic jugs with their Coke. It was the best I had ever tasted. It is not unusual for the owner of the business to "tweak the syrup" down to make a few extra bucks. I CAN TASTE THE DIFFERENCE! I can also tell Pepsi, Coke and Royal Coke (RC) apart... and the ???? colas as, what is this $#^%.



This is a "light subject" discussion for any soft drink lovers, as I am while on the road in the Summer travel. I never did write down the gas station with convenience store, souvenirs, junk food and week old hot dogs rolling on a toasting oven in IDAHO north of the Interstate... but it had that fresh syrup flavor just out of the Factory.



The WORST Post Mix soda in the USA. I had some. The local water has SO4 in it... that is sulfur. SWEET SPRINGS, MISSOURI. You have to taste it to believe it. It would be like straining the gym socks of your teenage son after being worn for one whole season at High School. Most of the stations now, would be using PRE MIX from the soda plant outside Kansas City or St. Louis.



What is your favorite SODA while on the road, and where? Soda is still more expensive per gallon than gasoline... but tastes a... whole...lot better.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor