Rebuilding 70's vintage wing windows, need some examples

mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Like the title says, I will be working on the front wing windows on my '73 Overlander. The streetside window actually has evidence of filling up with water, probably well before I became the owner.



Looking at the windows, I'm not sure if they were ever previously removed. It looks like most of the rivets are olympics, and there is an overly generous layer of butyl tape on top of the inside flange, almost as if somebody tried to seal it up after the fact.



What I'm hoping to see is how other folks have taken these windows out, taken them apart and then put them back together and reinstalled so they dont leak. I don't want to do this job a second time, and I'm sure plenty of folks have some stories to tell. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.















You can see the traces of water in-between the panes of glass:











0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor