Propane Regulator - Which to use with SeeLevel 2 System?

mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Ok, full disclosure here, I'm REALLY green when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I'm learning a lot as we renovate our '79 Excella. The topic today is what to do about the propane system...



We're using the SeeLevel 2 Tank Monitoring system (http://ift.tt/1BnMQ0s) which has the ability to display the remaining level of propane in percent. Our Excella has 2 x 40lb propane tanks connected by a regulator which supplies fuel to all the gas-operated things in the camper.



With all that being said, my question is this: what do I need to be able to monitor the tank levels using the SeeLevel 2 panel? Is there supposed to be a sensor on each tank? Or is there supposed to be a sensor on the regulator to report the percent full? I see neither in my current setup, so I'll need to buy something to make this work, just not sure what.



1. Do I need something like this Manchester Sender Unit? http://ift.tt/1xiilK6. If so, when one tank is empty and I switch to the other, how would the SeeLevel system know to begin monitoring the 2nd tank? Would I have to manually switch the sensor cable from one to another?



2. Or maybe I need a sensor built into the regulator; something like this? Propane Regulator Valves on Sale - PPL Motor Homes. I don't think this exact unit would work for my application since the "sensor" they mention sounds like it's just a light on top of the device itself.



Any advice, or pictures of your setup (with remote level monitoring) would be appreciated, thank you!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor