'65 Airstream Bumper Replacement Woes

lundi 29 décembre 2014

I can't seem to find a stock bumper to replace the one on our Caravel. It was rear-ended, mildly, minutes before we took delivery. Only the bumper got bent, the accident didn't get into the body, so I figured it would be an easy fix and bought the old girl anyway. Well, after doing everything I wanted, and needed to make it roadworthy, I am left with the last detail - the bent bumper. I could (and probably will) attempt to straighten it with heat and my big ol' vice, but I have doubts. I looked online and inquired at AS resources and have come up empty handed. If I can't straighten it reasonably, I think my options look like to try to take it to a professional old school body man -or- find some kind of custom hotrod type stamped steel bumper. Are there any other options? Any opinions/suggestions?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor