It's Never Done.....

mercredi 31 décembre 2014

OK, so we got the nose off the 325 on Saturday. Definitely the water pump leaking. did the compression check, I was quite surprised to get the numbers I got...145 to 155. Found out the previous owner had the alternator replaced in Oregon, still had the sticker on it. I scored a brand new one for 80 bucks (Rock City) had the one I took out tested, it was good so I will keep it as a spare. I got all new AC Delco ignition parts, (Rock City). I sent the carburator down to Long Island, a buddy of mine is still in business rebuilding them. I used to use him in the 1980"s when I was a mechanic we had emisssion testing starting in 1980. every manufacturer that made carburators had trouble (Varijets/Thermoquads/Variable venturies etc. Thats all this guy did and he made quite a business for himself. I found all of the original belts and hoses (Gates) and I am also changed the million feet of heater hose going back to the aux. heater under the couch, and the new hot water heater that Atwood finally came through with last week. The water pump is a brand new Napa unit with a lifetime warranty... boy I hope it sure doesn't leak after I install it ! The original oil cooler lines were leaking...I'm having trouble locating them so I am going to have new ones made locally here in Albany. Oh and did I mention the 40 or so feet of vacuum line that I am changing ? Moving to the inside...got the new shower door installed Friday, new toilet last week, new medicine cabinet last week. The new hot water heater I got also has electric so I used the factory Trash Compactor circuit for the wiring.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor