Hitch Recommendations Wanted for 25RB-BMW X5d combo

mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Hello - I'm new to this forum business, so please bear with me as I launch my ship into uncharted waters.



As the title suggests, I am looking for hitch recommendations for towing our new 2015 25RB behind my 2012 BMW X5d. We've gained extensive experience over the last two seasons pulling our 2012 19 Flying Cloud using both Equal-i-zer and Eaz-Lift hitches. Can-Am RV did a great job at reinforcing the X5's receiver in anticipation of the heavier load the 25RB will present. My sense is that both hitches handle weight distribution well, but that the Equal-i-zer had better sway control properties. Unfortunately, those square bars didn't provide much vertical flex.



The Eaz-Lift saddles and sway control components are welded onto the 19FC, and we intend to keep that trailer for a while so I need to replace those components, if not just buy an entirely new hitch to pull the 25RB.



I'm confident in the X5d as a capable tow vehicle, and anxious to take delivery next week of our new 25RB. So the question is this: does anyone out there have modest-to-significant experience with the X5d-25RB combo, and, if so, what hitch are you using? And are you satisfied with it?



To the extent possible, I'd like to optimise the Weight Distribution : Sway Control equation without breaking the bank. I appreciate learning of your experiences, and hearing your thoughts and recommendations



Many thanks, and Happy New Year,



Rod Fierek




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor