Use toggle button (up/down) to switch between tracks 1 and 2: How do I do it?

lundi 17 août 2015

My apologies if I'm being lazy. I've read the scripting manual but it's too much to consume without some specific example which I'm interested in.

So here the thing:
I use two tracks (don't need more), and I've mapped one button (momentary switch) on my MIDI controller to Next Track. And it's fine, it just goes between these two tracks when I push it. No ambiguity about that.

But the catch is, I don't want to be looking at the screen at all, so it happens that I forget which track is currently active and end up recording in the wrong track, messing things up.

My MIDI controller has these little LEDs next to buttons which light up/don't light up depending on whether toggle switch is in up or down state, so I figured out that I can use that as a way to know which track is selected. Say, light will be "track 1" and no light will be "track 2".

So I need a script that "reads" a CC (in my case CC=24) and when the value is 127 it makes track 1 active, and when it's 0 it makes track 2 active.
(or the opposite, doesn't really matter)

( I read something along the lines of not being able to use 0 (zero) value to do stuff because it won't react to that, but only to non-zero values. ..whatever :) )

It seems to me that it is a very basic script, some kind of if/else statement being performed on MIDI value for a specific CC on specific channel etc. just saying to Mobius to activate track 1 in one case (if) and track 2 in other case (else). But the syntax and parametar names etc. confuse me and I didn't manage to get it all together.

Is there anybody kind enough to write the script for me? :D

Once I learn it I'll write the scripts for others ;) I do programming in real life for money but this syntax and all the new stuff such as "sustained" programming (or whatever) is killing me. So just write whatever the code is and I'll understand it, no need for explaining the code. I'm just having trouble getting it all together.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor