Mute, Undo, Reset & Copy Timing Scripts

mercredi 19 août 2015

I'm working on wrapping my head around Mobius. Its not as intuitive as I would have hoped. I've built a custom foot controller that I was intending to use with MainStage and also Mobius (see pic).



You'll notice I've labeled buttons and such. Right now I have the loop buttons corresponding to loops on my tracks (2-5) as Group A and when I hit loop 1, they all move to loop 1, loop 2 moves them all to loop 2, etc...

I was able to cobble together a play/rec/overdub script from some of the people's posts here. That works reasonably well. Its a little wonky sometimes.

I'd like to do a couple of different things:

1. I need help with a Mute Script. I'd like to hit a button ("stop" as its labeled) on my controller - and have all loops mute/stop. This seems to only work on one track at a time via the global function.

2. I need help with an Undo Script. So that when I step on undo - it actually undoes the last recording. For some reason, this isn't working via the global function.

3. I need help with a Clear/Reset Script. I'd like to click a button and have all tracks reset to blank. The global version of this doesn't work.

I'm using Track 1 as my groove/percussion track with a single loop. I've got 4 other tracks (2-5) set up with 4 loops each. I can create a percussive loop on Track 1 as I would expect to. Then I can click on next track to move to Track 2 and hit loop 1 to move to loop 1. I can record a loop there. But this is where I run into trouble. I cannot seem to copy timing of loops to Tracks (3 - 5). Thus if I record say loop 1, 2, 3 in Track 2. Then a loop in Track 3 loop 2. I will have trouble when playing it all back. Because Track 3 loop 1 doesn't exist, it will switch out of time from Track 2 loop 1 and then things get out of sync.

Thus,

4. I need help with a Copy Timing script. I saw the one posted here. But its based on Track 1. Plus, when I attempt to modify it and use it only for Tracks 2-5, it locks up Mobius and renders all my buttons unable to do anything. Is there a better way to set up Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Etc via recording? One that makes sense? Should this be scripted?

There it is in a nutshell. If I can figure these things out with your help, I'd be greatly appreciative.

p.s. - is there a way to get all the loops to get back in sync if one of them gets out of sync? Like a global - start loops from beginning thing?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor