Script commands not in manual...

vendredi 6 mai 2016

I'm not a programmer, so a lot of the conceptual knowledge necessary for scripting is not clear to me (or so I've assumed)... Anyway, for the past two months I've been learning to write scripts for Mobius 2.5.
I've created a database with all the terms from the manual, copying the definitions of the functions etc from the manual when available, searching the Forum for information and script examples, copying script examples from the Forum and old Yahoo group into my database with notes (when I could understand what they did and how they worked), etc.
And I've studied and copied and imitated scripts from the Forum, especially those by GlynnDub, Per and Jodi.

But there are some things I can't figure out, so I come here humbly begging for elucidation and help.

1. What does " != " mean?
- eg " if track != 1" or " if mode != mute"

2. How do you use these, they appear to function as subroutine pointers and ways to save/set variables, but I can't find any clear references to these. It's unclear to me how they work and the syntactical/relational organization necessary...

-" jump"
- " label"
- " next"
- " Variable saveXX XX" as in "Variable saveQuantize quantize"
- " set focus !focus"

3. I found this subroutine and it works great, but I don't understand how it works or why... and the idea of a "variable"...?? is the idea to "save" a paramter as a variable?? e.g. "save current mode A / now change mode to B / now return to saved mode A"?
Also this script uses "playInSync" and "jump" and "label" as commands/functions, none of which I can find in the manual.
---
Jump PLayinSync mode = Mute
Variable SaveSwitchQuant = $switchQuant
set switchQuant off
Retrigger
set switchQuant $SaveSwitchQuant
Label PlayinSync

---
Thanks very very very very much in advance. Trying to learn how to write scripts seems to require hours of hit-or-miss arrangement of commands until something works the way you want. And so many of the scripts I've found on the Forum use functions, paramters, etc that are not referenced in the manual. It's interesting and Mobius is pure genius, but frustrating and incredibly slow and painstaking doing everything by trial-and-error...

Thanks again,
Bob Thomas


Script commands not in manual...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor