Issuing MIDI start/stop through script

dimanche 29 mai 2016

Hi guys,

thanks to buzap,Glynndub and PalmWino I have now a non-crashing script :)

My goal is to trigger a MIDI start output when I hit a certain key.

Please refer to the bottom of the post for the config details and background

To this end, here's my script:

Code:

!name  The Message
!autoload

message Don't push me I'm close to the edge
MidiOut start
end

Name and message content are just legacy :)

Hitting the bound key doesn't produce any effect whatsoever.

The "note on" command however - after I've changed the MIDI output device on Mobius to "Wavesynth GS Table", works just fine and I hear the note:

Code:

MidiOut noteon 3 64 127
So my natural question is: am I formatting the MidiOut command wrong?
Do I have to somehow specify other parameters I'm not aware of?
Do I need to specify the MIDI out device? I don't think so since the config window works just fine in the case of a NoteOn command...

Puzzled!

Thanks for your help,

Michele


Details and Background
==============
Mobius is configured as MIDI master, track configuration as in here

In terms of MIDI device configuration, I use a software MIDI internal virtual port called LoopBe.
Mobius outputs its MIDI messages onto this virtual port, which is at the same time the input MIDI port for my drum sequencer, AutoDrum4.1.

A pic to show the whole path:



Commands of start/stop are correctly received so I guess the link is solid.

However, as I show in this video, the start happens a little offset with respect to where I would expect it.

I then thought that I might issue the MIDI start in a different time point if I succeeded in linking it to a hit key (and subsequently to another MIDI trigger from my pedal board).


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor