Axle hacks

mercredi 25 février 2015

I'm putting a new set of axles on my '72 27' Overlander. Actually, the local trailer shop is. Based on what I've read here, I could handle it myself but due to current weather conditions I think it would be better to pull it into a shop. What I'm looking for here is tips and suggestions from the folks who've done it. Things like being sure to mount the shock to the axle before mounting the axle to the frame. Torque requirements on lugs, brake parts, etc. How long it took per axle. Really just some things I can maybe print off for the installer to help prevent surprises. The complete axles are ordered and shipped so hopefully we don't have to go into "who from" and "why there?" So far I've been PB Blasting for a week and hoping the ground stays froze so I can get it pulled out of where it's at. I've read just about every axle thread on here and I'm looking forward to a concise, constructive thread of helpful suggestions for the project.

(Perhaps when it's done I'll update how it went and maybe even divulge "from who" and "why there?' for the folks who think they have to know. Maybe.)




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor