Setting Knob and slider values with the push of a button.

lundi 25 janvier 2016

Recently I was struggling in my DAW to set up a routing that allowed me to set virtual knobs and sliders to specific values with button pushes, as opposed to linking a parameter to a physical knob
and turning it. I personally wanted this ability for the speed and precision it would grant when adjusting LFO rates, but it could potentially be used for any assignable parameter. After struggling for a couple days it dawned
on me that perhaps Mobi would be suited to the task. I was not disappointed.

So if anyone else finds use for this technique, it's quite simple, just a basic Midi Out script straight out of the scripting reference manual.

Here's an example:


######################


!name "insertsexyname"


MidiOut control 1 120 25


#####################


The first number is the channel, the second is the midi note "value" for the command, and the third is the "velocity", which is the number that will determine what cc value your knob or slider automatically is set to when you
mash down on a button.

In my case, One of my MIDI controllers is split six ways from sunday inside of my DAW, a bunch of the buttons are routed to mobius via a loopback device (loopmidi, midiox, loopbe, etc..) For me, 8 of those buttons are
used to trigger variations of this script, which is then sent out of mobius via loopback device and back into my DAW. From there I have those inputs all multilinked to the same slider parameter. I had to make sure to disable any
link conflict settings which can prevent linking multiple midi signals to the same parameter.

Now when each button is pressed, the parameter knob jumps to preset positions and my bass wobbles with a control like never before!

Hope someone finds this useful.

;) <3


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor