Mute whilst in overdub - bug?

vendredi 18 décembre 2015

Hi folks

Just recently reminded myself of a seemingly inconsistent behaviour, & wondered if anyone else had encountered it; is it a bug? Or am I being perverse?

I frequently use one or two tracks on mobius as single repeat delays. Secondary feedback is enabled, but set to zero (primary feedback is at 127), so when in overdub mode, the audio will be repeated once, then disappear. The result is a kind of canon.

If I mute the track for a while, then perhaps half-a-dozen cycles later unmute it, I get a wall of half-a-dozen full volume overdubs for one cycle until it returns to the one repeat canon thing; it's been overdubbing at level 127 whilst in mute mode.

I suspect it is something in the way secondary feedback & mute are interacting (I haven't experimented with the same procedure on 'normal' feedback with secondary disabled, because I've used the setup this way for years now). It's no biggie - I can do a script workaround - but it's such a strange change of behaviour (I assume mute simply mutes the output of the track), I don't see why it would cause the feedback level to suddenly jump to max, then back again. It just might qualify as a bug. Then again, maybe it's the regular feedback that's doing it, and meant to be.

Dave


Mute whilst in overdub - bug?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor