making an Improduction Studio

dimanche 1 novembre 2015

Hi folks, and thanks Circularlabs for an amazing plugin! I'm so excited to find other loopers to share ideas and experiences with!


My name is Jonatan Krogh, I'm 25 years and live in Stockholm, Sweden, and I work with acrobatics and dance both teaching, choreographing and performing. I've also played music my entire life, but never really focused too much of it. About 5 years ago i found out about looping, and about 2,5 years ago i found Mobius.

After finding my way to the software loopers I quickly started to work towards an all-inclusive improvisation setup, where i could have all the effects i wanted, and all looping, sampling and mixing functionalities i could think of needing. On top of this i wanted it to run without external power supply, and fit into a small backpack. Since then I've gone through a lot of different hosts and software. First using Sooperlooper and Logic's Mainstage, controlled with a Korg nanoPAD 2. Then Bomes Midi translator in combination with Ableton Live, then i found Mobius which made things a LOT easier, and I went back to Logic using the "environment". Next i found Audiomulch, and also upgraded my controller to a Keith McMillen Quneo. After some study-time I've now moved it over to Plogue Bidule, where i could finally ditch the midi-translation software, and manage the CPU to have an unlimited number of effects accessible.

I've got too many functions to list crammed into this thing now, but some interesting ones are:

- Side-chaining between tracks

- Send tracks separately through output FX

- 4 XY-controlled Effect units on the input, and 4 on the output, each picked from a bank of 32 different effects.

- 32 presets where you can save a combination of 4 effects with their current parameter values

- Resampling: Play with the out-effects and record the result back into Mobius, replacing the old sound or bouncing to a new track.


Enough talking, here's a VIDEO!



I'd be glad to answer any questions, and give me a shout if you're working on or have seen something similar! I've only found the Beardytron 5000, but no street-friendly version like this one!


All the best

Jonatan Krogh


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor