What the hell is wrong with people?

jeudi 27 mars 2014

We just picked up our new 22 today in Orlando and drove it back to Atlanta. I thought we were going to be able to leave O by 1 or so, and get back to A before it got dark ... but it turned out that our dealer spent a full 6 hours demo-ing and getting our hitches and accoutrements set up. So we left at 4 pm, and finally got back about half an hour ago (c. 1:00 AM).



Half of the drive, then, was at night, on I-75. Now, I've done a lot of driving at night. But what I saw on this trip was just friggin bizzare.



All the way from the Florida border to Atlanta--four hours--was in the dark, and all the way, there was a constant stream of a**h#$%s with their brights on. Passenger cars, minivans, pickup trucks, commercial trucks, even a semi or two. Just driving down a dark highway with their highbeams on, oblivious to everyone else on the road. Now, the road is dark, OK--but it is also very heavily travelled. Do these idiots not know that it's (1) just plain rude to blind people and (2) makes the night DARKER for everyone when their highbeams are blinding people? I'm nearly beside myself with apoplexy.



Then, to make things really nice, we got into Atlanta after midnight. Driving through downtown on the 75/85 connector, GADOT had closed off several of the inside lanes. So six lanes going north became four lanes. Even after midnight, there was a big traffic jam as people tried to merge. I was in one of the left hand lanes, trying to stay out of the traffic exiting to the multiple downtown exits. That meant that when the lanes started to be closed, I had to merge right.



So here I am with this big honkin' trailer, shining like the moon over Parador--which it's not like you can miss--my blinker on, my lane about to run out and a clear need to merge, and do you think anyone would let me in? No. Absolutely not. I finally just forced my way into the line of traffic, and of course got blasted by these rude m(^*&%)&_(*&-s who were not going to yield to let someone else in ... but they were certainly willing to lean on their horns.



Oh. And half of the rude %$#&s who beeped at me? Brights on high. Of course.



Maybe I've just been too sheltered, but--when did this behavior start happening?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor