Tire Tread Pattern for Trailers

samedi 29 mars 2014

Has anyone done any research on the effects of the tread pattern on trailer tires?



When I made the switch to 16 inch LT tires, I wondered what the effect of the more aggressive traction pattern would be. My first though was that it was a good idea because it would help braking. However after thinking about it, I am wondering if the added side to side resistance is good or bad? The plus side is that it will aid in side to side (sway) stability to some degree. The down side on a multi axle trailer is the will be more side to side tread resistance and thus more sidewall flexing and heating in any turning or swaying.



Does anyone have any ideas to contribute to the subject? (other than: why don't I do something worthwhile with my time?) ;)



Ken




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor