Leak appearing near edges of sofa

lundi 1 septembre 2014

Just wondering if anyone else has a trailer with layout similar to mine with a sofa across the front (2005 Classic 30) and experienced minor water leaks appearing at the floor at each front edge of the sofa.



I have done a lot of checking to try to find the source of these leaks but so far no success.



I have checked and re-caulked windows awning brackets etc., and looked for loose rivets (didn't find any). My skylights are fairly new (Maxim) and I don't think they are the problem.



I recently cleaned all the caulking off the front fantastic fan. I did find some evidence of water under the old caulking and also some minor cracking in the plastic fan frame. I re-caulked everything possibly it could have been the source.



When upon the roof, I did notice some condensation in the two roof clearance lights. When I removed the lenses I found the sockets were completely rusted and rotted so water has been getting in the lights for a long time.



They were so bad I was surprised that the lights were still working - they may not be now that I have disturbed them!



Anyway, I have ordered new light fixtures and will change them at my next opportunity - hoping the old ones won't be too much of a chore to get off. I am guessing the securing screws will be well rusted and I may need to try grabbing them with vice grips or perhaps grinding them off. As well, there may be sealant around the light base that I guess I will have to carefully cut loose.



I am wondering if these light fixtures might be the source of the leak?



I was told there is a sort of U channel around the perimeter of the trailer and that there is be a break or join in this channel where the transition from the curved end cap to the straight sides of the trailer starts.



If this is so, perhaps water can run down from the lights into this channel then run around and exit at the transition from curve to straight onto the floor - I think this would be just about at the front of the sofa where I am seeing the dampness in the carpet.



Hope they either the re-caulking of the fantastic fan and / or my planned changing the clearance lights solves the problem.



So far the floor in the area of the leak seems very solid, but of course I want to stop the leak as soon as possible.



Wondering if any other people with a similar floor plan layout have found leaks in this area and if so, how you resolved it.





Brian.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor