New account policy

samedi 24 septembre 2016

Over the past year we have been flooded with spam account registrations. My old verification question seems to be well known now and Captcha is useless in the face of an army of children with nothing better to do.

In order to create a new account you will now have to email me at jeff.larson@sailpoint.com and include some words that convince me you are sincere about this. It doesn't have to be your life story, just something that tells me you even know what looping is. I will respond with the answer to the verification question so you can create your account. I know I haven't been very active here lately, but I will have time to respond to requests sent to that email address.

I've deleted all new registrations from the past 2 months, almost all of which have randomly generated user names and sketchy email addresses. I've also deleted a lot of accounts that have never posted and haven't logged in in over a year. I'm sorry if you had a legitimate account deleted, just try again and post something to Introductions or some other forum, and I won't prune your account.

I'd also like to say thanks to the other moderators for all the hard work over the past few years. I haven't abandoned you, it's just been a difficult time. If you have any suggestions for how to handle account registration please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff


New account policy

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor