New Owner - problems with Status Monitor Black Water

dimanche 16 mars 2014

Hi. We are new Airstreamers. We have never owned travel trailers with the features of our Bambi 16'. We moved up over the years from tents to teardrop, vintage 1971 Shasta Compact, and now the Bambi. So we have never had on-board plumbing systems with tanks.



On our first four-day trip, our black water tank backed up into our shower, in spite of checking the status regularly. Thankfully, our black water was mostly grey water, if you know what I mean, as we were mostly using the park's bathroom facilities.



It is important to note that on a Bambi 16', there is only one combined grey and black water tank.



During that weekend I would check the black water tank status, and it showed empty or 1/8 full. Until it overflowed, then it showed full.



Today I re-calibrated the monitor system per the instructions. I did the usual, put a few inches of water in the black water and fresh water tanks, had the system read the empty level, then filled the black water and fresh water tanks.



I know how much water I put in the tanks because I measured my hose using a 2-gallon tank sprayer and timed how long it took to fill up 2 gallons. I verified the flow rate with the fresh water tank and it was full (both visually and coming out the overflow) within seconds of when I calculated it would be full, so I am confident that I filled the black water tank properly.



To have a bit of a cushion, the black water tank holds 21 gallons, and I filled it to about 18 gallons.



I did the calibration twice. On the first try, the fresh water tank showed full when it was indeed full, but the black water showed empty. On the second try, the fresh water tank showed full but the black water tank showed 1/8 full.



I verified that the fresh water calibration was OK by emptying it half way and inspecting the tank visually, then comparing it to what the monitor was showing me. Worked fine.



So, inevitable questions:

- Is there a way to visually or otherwise determine how full the black water tank is?

- Any ideas on what could be the cause, short of replacing the sensor?



If I do need to replace the sensor I will mine this site's resources to see if there are step-by-step instructions to removing the tank and replacing the sensor, or whatever it might take to effect this repair.



BTW, apologies if I can find answers to my questions in the archives here, but I did a forum search in the appropriate categories but found similar but not exact problem I describe here.



Thanks in advance for your help. I hope to be a regular contributor here, and sorry my first post is "please help me". :o



P.S. This is a 2013 Bambi that has been used sparingly.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor