Awe...where to begin?

samedi 15 mars 2014

Hi all, this is my first post. I've been trying to write one now for two weeks, but don't know what to ask or better stated, I don't know where to begin.



My wife and I just bought a 1960 Tradewind that is in need of a total restoration. I would tell you the serial number, but don't know where to find it, or if there is one. I am a finish carpenter by trade, which is why this project excites me. So far, our plan is to carefully remove what cabinetry remains (the front sofa area is missing), then replace the entire subfloor as there is dry rot everywhere from a missing skylight, re-insulate the floor areas and repair any electrical/plumbing that runs under there and then begin either the refinishing of the cabinets or rebuilding them using current techniques. We also would like to replace all of the major appliances and fixtures with current "retro-looking" replacements.



My question to you all is: What do you wish you did first on your Airstream? Knowing that hindsight is 20/20 what should you have started with that would be good for me to know?!



Thanks for the help!!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor