The right Blue Ox Sway Pro for the job - 16' Sport

dimanche 2 novembre 2014

Thanks to all the help from the very knowledgeable and generous members of Air Forums, we are getting closer to a new 2015 16' Sport. We have a Suburban 1500 with tow package (2004). According to the specs in the manual max trailer weight is 7500 # and Gross Combined Weight Rating is 13,000#. The trailer tongue weight should be 10 to 15% of the total loaded trailer weight, up to a max of 1,000# for the 1500 series Suburban with a weight distributing hitch. The gross vehicle weight rating for the 16 sport is 3,500 lb and the Suburban is 5,500 lb. The unit base weight for the 16 Sport is 2,860 lb.



As far as the sport is concerned, the hitch (aka tongue?) weight(w/ LP, and w/o options, water, and cargo) is 350#.



So the dealership is going to include a Blue Ox SwayPro hitch. However, I think they may be charging us too much for the hitch and installation, and I can't seem to get them to tell me which hitch they are planning on using (we're still at negotiation stage and I don't want to be overcharged at this point).



Can anyone tell me which would be the correct Blue Ox SwayPro hitch (they say it's the easy to hook and unhook one)? It looks like there's a 500#, 750#, and #1000 version.



I might take the hitch out of the deal and have it installed myself and I need to know which is the right hitch, and what a reasonable price to get it installed is.



I know this is a lot to ask and I totally understand if you don't want to get involved. I've caught on to almost everything else in regard to towing, but the hitch is kind of a black box to me. My husband knows even less than me as he has never towed anything before.



Thanks in advance for any advice!

Julie




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor