Traveling with dogs and an Airstream.

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

I'm interesting in learning about handling dogs on the road. My background comes from traveling cross country temp camping.



When we were traveling, we travelled with three kids and two dogs in a Westfalia Eurovan. We'd drive around 250 miles, stop for gas and lunch, and therein lies the problem. We couldn't really leave our dogs in the car in heat.



So our solution wasn't a lot of fun. I'd get lunch to go, while the wife and kids stayed with the dogs. Then I'd come back to the car to be with the dogs, while my wife and kids would go have lunch, while I ate lunch in the car with the dogs.



I realize that having an Airstream means you can stop at a rest stop and have lunch in the AS. But sometimes (especially when traveling through Louisiana, I have a soft spot for the food there) you want to eat in a restaurant.



What do you guys do if you want to stop at a restaurant while between campgrounds?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor