Battery issue or something else?

mardi 4 novembre 2014

I have a 1997 Land Yacht on a GM chassis. A few weeks ago, while I was out of town, my wife met some acquaintances of ours at the RV to let them take a look as they indicated they might be interested in buying.



The husband evidently is a tinkerer, so proceeds to tinker and check things out. They let my wife know they felt the RV too big, so were not interested.



A week later, I get home and go to the RV to give it a short ride just to keep the engine used. I do this periodically. To my surprise, the engine would not turn over. It would not even respond. In checking, the tinkerer had left the interior dash light on, as well both roof a/c's. All 3 batteries were completely drained.



I took the batteries home and trickle charged them all to full. I reconnected them to the RV and turned the key. The dash electronics responded, but when I crank, I get a clicking noise and the engine still won't turn over. I did some initial research, but before I do a ton of trial and error or expense, I would appreciate if any of you have any ideas of what the issue could be.



Bad battery connection? Solenoid? Alternator? I'm just not sure.



Thanks in advance for any input and advise.





Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor