Oil-Fielding

mardi 25 mars 2014

After having bad experiences sleeping in man camp renta-rooms while interning I am looking at purchasing a new (at time of purchase) Flying Cloud 30 Recliner.



I will be using it for living on oil fields in Texas, ND, Mexico, ECT for 14 weeks (hopefully) at a time...



But... I am inexperienced in cold weather AS'ing (we've always winterized our baby when the temps hit the mid 30's) and I'm worried about issues with cold on the more northerly oil fields.



Would I need to carry a set of skirts and if I did, would they be sufficient in keeping my tanks and pipes from freezing?

Is modern AS insulation and the factory 30k BTU heater be enough to keep me warm and comfortable without chewing through my tank at atrocious rates?

Could solar power be enough to top of my batteries and power a supplemental electric heater during the day?

Am I insane for thinking this idea is even doable? :blink::ermm:





Thanks for the reply's guys! :D




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor