Used vs. New?

mardi 4 novembre 2014

Hi,



My wife and I are saving up to purchase an AS, and have been tottering between used versus new. We have a couple questions, and am hoping some folks in the community may be able to help us out. Here they go:



1. If we purchase a used airstream, do we have to pay sales tax? If so, does the seller collect the sales tax upon execution of the bill of sale, or do I pay when I register the airstream? This expense is between $2,000-3,000, and so want to understand so we can compare apples to apples.



2. I have heard differing things about valuing used airstreams. Generally, my assumption is that a new AS can be purchase for between 80-85% of MSRP. And, the value will depreciate 10% or so each year. Therefore, is the following formula for valuing a used AS correct? - Used AS Value = (Original MSRP) * (.825) * (.1 * Number of Years Off the Lot)



3. Any other thoughts on what to consider when buying used versus new are welcome. I know financing a bit trickier on used. Also, used may come with a hitch and other items.



Thanks for your help!



M&D




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor