To Buy or Not To Buy? Argosy w/ Busted Panoramic Window

dimanche 2 novembre 2014

I am considering purchasing a 1975 Argosy 24' trailer and need some advice. Overall, the trailer is in good condition. With a good cleaning, it could theoretically be used as is. I say theoretically because everything is in working order. I would want to do some definite cosmetic upgrades.



There are some noticeable items and issues that I would want to address:

- New foam and upholstery for dinette--personal comfort

- New mattresses--personal comfort

- New tires--the existing ones could probably be ok for a little longer, but for personal comfort I want new

- Re-expoxying and re-caulking of bathroom fixtures

- Resealing of all windows

- Paint job--in need of one, eventually. Does not have original Argosy paint job/scheme, and I don't intend to put that scheme back on either

- Broken (and patched messily) passenger side panoramic window



This last issue is the one I am most concerned with, as I know these windows are very difficult, even impossible, to replace. So, should that be a deal breaker?



The seller wants $4K for the trailer. I watch the classifieds, craigslist, and ebay closely and have looked at quite a few trailers in person, and I am thinking the $4K is a pretty good price for this condition. What do you think?



















0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor