Speedometer off after ECU update

lundi 3 novembre 2014

I can't swear to it, but I'm pretty positive I had previously verified the speedometer in my 2013 Interstate read within 1mph of the Kenwood/Garmin GPS. Can someone check theirs and report back?



I took the Sprinter to the Mercedes dealer in Atlanta for my Service A update last week, and was informed they needed to apply a ECU update. I'm a big fan of if it ain't broke don't fix it - but went ahead and allowed the update.



After realizing I was running in limp mode 30 seconds after leaving, I returned for them to reapply the update which they said failed for some mysterious reason. After the 2nd effort, things appeared to work and I was on my way. Except now I notice when my speedometer says 53mph the GPS says I'm going 60mph. Great way to get a ticket had I not noticed this!



Mercedes says I have to bring it back as they aren't sure what would cause this. Seem like it would be a setting to compensate for rear end ratios or tire size variables, but they say there is nothing like that I can set in the ECU which I'm not sure I believe.



Anyone have deeper knowledge here? I may post something in the sprinter forums as well but thought I would check here first.



Brian




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor