Newbie to forum from Illinois

samedi 1 novembre 2014

I dragged home a 1973 Argosy 22 today. I have had a couple of popups and a couple of travel trailers over the years. Sold my 78 Shasta Daisy in March of 13 and have been camperless since then. I have been kinda looking for something for about a year now. Driving home from work a few days ago, there it was with a for Sale sign in the window. I could walk home from the guy selling it. Had never seen it there in the past. Clean Title, all the paperwork, owners manual etc.. No craigslist/Ebay scammers, there it is. Look at it and take it or leave it. After an hour inspection and finding nothing shocking at this point, I agreed to a very reasonable price and she is home. All appears to be as it left the factory. Complete with the gold shag carpet. No mouse Smell, decent cushions. One small spot in the floor by the door on the hinge side. All lights work except for a few marker lights, Electric brakes work, Tires are old and the factory axles appear to be frozen as to be expected. Will have to take a look at what dexter has to offer. I photographed the tag on the axle already. All glass is good, Lower paint has been repainted but the top appears to be from the factory. the Vin Plate has a small tape line, Did not check the water system or A/C Need to leave some suprises for the spring. Should make a decent camper for the short trips i take to the local fishing club and old Car and steam shows. The Gold carpet just had to go so I started molesting it today and removed it Wanted to get a better look at the floor anyway. No bad rot that I have seen. Will save for a pattern for the new sheet flooring. Carpet and camping do not mix to me anyway. Wish me luck as I start the insane journey of cleaning it up and making it fit to use again. Thanks for having me in your group. I am from the peoples republic of Illinois where all our governors spend 3 terms. 2 in office and one in Jail. :) Happy campin everyone. Bill




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor