Left Rear Brake Grabbing

mercredi 5 novembre 2014

Before heading out on our trip, I replaced all the wheel bearings and races. In that process I discovered a worn brake magnet on the left rear so I replaced both magnets on the rear axle and turned the magnet surface on the face of both drums. All the brakes shoes and drums were well within allowable wear limits and I didn't see any significant cracking on the shoes. I adjusted the brakes before heading out, and everything was fine for over 700 miles. On the way back, the left rear brake started grabbing at slow speeds. Everything appears normal above about 15-20 mph. Adjusting the controller for less current didn't affect anything.



Given that the brakes should have worn on the first part of the trip, I'd think that adjustment wouldn't be a problem, and I doubt that there is any grease on the shoes or drums because I was pretty meticulous about cleaning everything before and after re-packing.



I guess I'll be pulling the drum and inspecting the brake assembly. Other than the presence of grease and damage to the magnet or magnet surface on the drum, what else should I look for?



Thanks,



Al




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor