I am Tor, Butcher of Organs

samedi 1 novembre 2014

Hi all, I'm Tor.



Mobius has become the object of my fantasies. When I got into it a few months ago it seemed a bit daunting, but I stuck with it because it's potential was clear. After putting together a bunch of scripts, putzing around with software configurations, and building an efficient and comfortable midi hardware interface, I can honestly say I am back into music as hard as I have ever been.



I've been picking away at the guitar for about 17 years and in the last couple years started playing keys and organ bass pedals. The path that lead me to Mobius actually started with a Hammond organ. I've owned three hammonds in the last two years... butchered two of them and ended up Frankensteining together a midi organ to satisfy my synthesis pleasures. I am all about the pedals because they let you play bass with your feet while while going at a guitar or keyboard with your hands. The third organ remains safe, I've vowed to never raise my knife to one again. The Hammond tonewheel is a venerable machine.



Anyway, I found Mobius this summer and needless to say, playing an organ pedalboard with my feet has become a bit redundant and my brain can't quite handle it when looping anyhow.



While the live implications of Mobius are amazing, I love it most for songwriting. Being able to write multi part pieces on the fly is what exactly what I have been looking for all my life. It seems like I vomit forth new ideas every time I fire up my rig. With quicksave functions Mobius can become a production tool, helping to transform solo jam sessions into finished tracks. It really pushes the gnar.



As far as other software goes, I use Fl Studio 11 and all the free vsts I can get my paws on. I use two midi devices to control mobius - a custom controller I built using a livid brain and a Behringer fcb1010 pedal board. I also use two 25 key midi keyboards, a guitar, mixer, and my laptop. Most all the hardware is bolted together into a single unit about the size of a large suitcase that I built from a pallet. It may be a bit hefty, but I feel like this rig is all I will ever need when it comes to music.



Thank you for Mobius! It is a life changing download.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor