2014 Serenity 28' - post delivery inspection

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

Ok, so, it wasn't going to be much of anything since I'd just gotten the rig home from the dealer, who had just done the new unit PDI. But I smelled something....



....and heard a hissing sound coming from a coupling just aft the right front corner of the coach. Gas line. No problem, after a inspecting for damage and retorque, no leak. Since I was under it now I started soaking-up what I could see. The one thing that irked me (and trust me, after 26 years in the auto/medium/heavy truck service world I'm not an automotive hypochondriac) were the screws that secured the lower corners of the wheel well trim to the wheel lip. Man, there were like two screws on one end, pan head, then three at the other end, flush-type interior trim screws. Two had missed the wheel lip altogether.



Just a couple of other small things, like the head door handle screws were loose and the after fantastic fan gasket stuck to the lid then fell off-center the opening, but nothing major. Those wheel well screws...lol, maybe I need to lighten-up. After the 9th 6.0 Powerstroke complete engine replacement I worked some years ago, you get kind-of numb to the small stuff.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor