240 volt into two 110 15A circuits

vendredi 28 mars 2014

Hey folks, I have a wiring question or situation that needs validating. Apologies for my lack of knowledge, but have been trying to make sense of this and will try to explain to the best of my ability.



I am re-wiring my 59' tradewind for a music studio, and not a camper, so no 12volt is required or will be installed. All I require are four 110 outlets in the coach, for a heater, lights and music gear. I have a 2200 generator [20A circuit], and also intend to sometimes use a 15A shore hookup from a house circuit. I have purchased a 30A RV inlet, I have lots of 3/C 12 300 volt gauge cable to wire the outlets inside, and make external extension chords with [donated by a kind brother].



So here is my question;



I have been told of an option of wiring the 30A inlet into a soon-to-be-purchased 2 pole sub-panel [riveted to the inside skin] using 240 volts, then onto two 110 volt 15A circuits. This is to assure that if my heater throws a breaker, my music gear won't as it will be on another circuit [this is important to avoid missing important recording takes due to power cuts].

Therefor shore hook-up from the 30A RV inlet would consist of splitting the 240 volts into two 110 volts [using adapters?], thus I could use two shore plugs, and two extension chords, creating two possible sources of shore hook-up.



Is this a sound idea, or am I complicating it too much?

Does anyone have an idea of a good cheap sub panel to buy, I don't need anything large?



Many many thanks, I am learning, and plan to hire someone, but want to buy the right gear for the job.

Muskie




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor