Max solar setup for 2015 FC 19?

vendredi 26 décembre 2014

Hi everyone,



This is my first post here (I've been lurking) so I'll start by saying thanks for all the info! I've decided to buy a 2015 FC 19 (for full time living between May and October) and seeking help on getting the most solar power I can using rooftop solar film and portable panels/film.



I've been reading the threads on here and I've been doing some off-grid planning for a few months now. I currently have some portable panels - those I use now, I don't intend to incorporate into a larger system. I would like the system I plan to buy to include new portable panels, and rooftop solar. I've noticed the brands and names I'm seeing here are different than those I'm familiar with in other niches around the web (PowerFilm, Goal Zero) and are specifically geared towards the RV afficianado. I'm wondering how these systems compare to these other brands?



I live in Canada, as such A/C isn't as big an issue as compared to the southern States (though it will be used), but of course the length of day and angles are also different. I have higher than normal power needs because of my computer setup. Though I can limit the power my cpu's are drawing, I would like a system that assumes at least a two monitor setup.



For the roof of the FC I'd like to use a flexible panel or film, such as Go Power Solar Flex Panels, PowerFilm, or whatever is suggested by those here. I have been saving, and I expect a large upfront cost and would like to carpet as much of the roof as possible without ruining the beauty of the Airstream. After that I'd add whatever portable power I'd need and have those panels going into the FC's battery system.



Up to now, I was leaning towards 4, 90 watt panels from Goal Zero. That's enough for my mobile office. So the panels on the roof would be for the usual things.



Because this will be my home for half the year, I don't want to skimp - within reason. I would prefer not to use a generator, I enjoy peace and quiet! :)



I'm still reading in this forum and I apologize because I'm sure some of these questions have been answered before - its hard to know what is "best" when things seem to be getting better all the time. I admit I'm new to all of this so it's a little overwhelming still.



Thanks for any and all help!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor