Leaky Windows 1965 GT

vendredi 26 décembre 2014

I'm ready to tackle fixing the leaks on all the windows on our '65 GT and so far I have on hand butyl tape and several Hallmark glazing strips. I also have new cranks to replace the stripped ones. Leaks are coming in mainly through the top and bottom of the windows where the decaying plastic glazing strips are.



Questions:



I read somewhere on the forums that a D weatherstrip is recommended. Is this something that is readily available or do I need to special order?



What else do I need to seal these windows up? Looks like the PO had used a sealant of some kind, not sure if it's silicone or something else.



Do I need to remove all the windows first in order to seal them properly? Has anyone done this and how difficult is it?



Is there a thread on the forums that takes you through kind of a step by step process? I've done a few searches and couldn't find what I was looking for.



Thank you!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor