Will it work?

dimanche 2 novembre 2014

Hello all;



Haven't actually bought the airstream yet. Recently sold the company so the fiancé and I thought we'd take a year or two and see the country. We plan to hit every state except hawaii.



The trailer we've got an eye on is a new flying cloud 27FB.



Here's my question. I am wondering if my tow vehicle is suitable to pull the trailer. The truck is paid off so I really hate to shell out for a 3/4 ton.



Some stats:



Truck: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi

GVWR: 6,800

Payload capacity: 1,350

Towing capacity: 10,000

Weight of passengers and cargo in the truck: 625

RAWR: 3,900



I know the payload capacity of the truck takes into account the hitch weight of the airstream. On that subject I have two questions:



1. Is it true, as the airstream owner's manual suggests, that the tow vehicle bears only 2/3 of the hitch weight, with the remaining third transferred to the trailer axels?

2. How does the hitch weight change by running full vs empty tanks? More or less?



Given the info above, will my truck be able to safely pull the airstream? I have no doubts it can pull it over level ground, but that's a far cry from pulling it safely in the rockies.



My research and calculations suggest I'm ok, but I wanted to get the advice of people more experienced than me. I've never done the RV thing before.



Thanks!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor