Towing mirrors

lundi 27 octobre 2014

So ... I'm continuing to have problems backing my huge 22' rig into my miniscule little driveway. One problem I've identified is that I can't see the wheels of the trailer, which makes it a wee bit difficult to keep from hitting the mailbox, telephone pole, and my neighbor who insists on coming out and shouting directions. Just in case you don't remember: my street is narrow, so when I turn to slide the rear of the trailer in, my truck's front wheels hit the curb, and the internal angle of my truck and trailer is pretty close to 100 degrees.



I do have those mirrors that fit over and extend the truck's existing mirrors, but they're pretty much useless. I'm backing down a slope, and I just can't adjust them enough. I was thinking about those old fashioned hook-em-to-the-door mirrors, but I'm hesitant. And I don't see a licenseplate mount camera doing much good, since the back of the trailer is pointing off into left field when I'm turning.



So ... are there any other solutions I should be thinking about? Other than handing my wife the keys and walking away. Or maybe hiring a pilot, like the big ships do when the pull into port.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor