Subfloor plywood and strength

lundi 27 octobre 2014

I am quite new to the RV world and my first unit is a 77 Sovereign center bath unit. The subfloor is quite solid but it is only 1/2 inch plywood and not 5/8 or 3/4 as some people have reported on the forum. I like the idea of strength and have read several related topics on epoxy etc. Would epoxy alone like the west system substantially increase the strength if I were to treat the entire floor? Another idea is to epoxy the original 1/2 inch and overlay another 1/4 or 3/8s or even 1/2 inch plywood. A alternative would be to use real hardwood flooring (maybe 1/2 T&C instead of 3/4) and glue it down. It has carpet now and that's going to go. I am looking for thoughts and ideas. Thankyou.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor