lifting an airstream

vendredi 24 octobre 2014

After reading everything there is to read on this forum, I still have a question regarding the proper technique to jack up my 2007 25' Safari SE SS. I have been using a floor jack just forward of the front axle against the axle mounting plate to raise the tires off the ground, then supporting the mounting plate between the two axles as well as the factory-indicated jack point with two jack stands. I leave the floor jack in place after lowering the trailer onto the jack stands. Including the tongue jack, that gives me four points of support along one side. The problem is that the axle mounting plate is bending at its two points of support. The axle mounting plate is not a box channel so I am not surprised. It is shaped more like a "Z". Any ideas on this one? It's time to repack the bearings and I'm starting to get paranoid.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor