Crooked wheels

vendredi 26 septembre 2014

Hi,



I have 14.5" wheels on my 1961 International Overlander. I need new tires. Replacing 14.5" Bias Ply with new 14.5" Bias Ply seems archaic. I ordered 4 new 15" wheels from eTrailer:



Dexstar Steel Mini Mod Trailer Wheel - 15" x 6" Rim - 6 on 5-1/2 - Silver Powder Coat Dexstar Tires and Wheels AM20539



Took them to my tire guy and he says none of the 4 are straight. I ask him what to do, and he shrugs. He doesn't deal in wheels. (At least not trailer wheels.) He refers me to a local trailer place who is of no help, but refers me to the tire guy right next door to them. This guy looks at my four wheels, says he's seen better but he's seen worse, wants to know if I want to mount them up. He indicates 2 of mine are rougher than the other 2, so I call eTrailer and swap out 2 for new ones and keep the straighter two. A week elapses and I go back to my original tire guy (my long-term tire guy), I now have 6 trailer wheels - he declares all of them not straight enough to mount.



At this point I need a second opinion, so I find a well rated tire place nearby, he looks at my wheels, agrees that they're not straight enough to use. He tells me what basically everyone else has said, trailer wheels are shoddily made and all kinda bendy. They're made for landscaping trailers that you can rattle to ****, not Airstreams. I ask him if I should use truck wheels, and he says they don't have the weight rating. I ask him what I should do, and I get the universal shrug.



eTrailer has some wheels that are twice the price of these steel wheels... will they be any better? I feel eTrailer will get tired of paying shipping both ways once I order enough wheels from them. I don't know what else to do.



Suggestions?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor