Single axle 27 footer - would you stay away?

mercredi 2 juillet 2014

I'm still in the hunt for a 60's era trailer to rehab. There are two main reasons I looking for a trailer. The first is so that I can boondock at a music festival I go to each year. Round trip drive is about 600 miles. The second goal is to take the trailer cross country and boondock at burning man. The 4600 mile journey is what causes me a bit of a pause when considering a single axle trailer, particularly a 27 footer.



So rather than thinking about this theoretically I thought I would ask the question here. If I end up with an avion I will be putting on new brakes and hubs and tend to the leaf springs. If I get am AS I will likely replace the entire axle and hubs. I'm concerned about having one axle as a simple safety feature or issues with blow outs.





So what do you all think. Would you have safety concerns with a single axle 27 foot trailer at modern speeds for extended times?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor