Replacing Driver's side window assembly on Argosy. What rivets to get?

vendredi 4 juillet 2014

Hi,



I was lucky enough to come across a barn full of New Old Stock windows for a 1975 argosy. I've taken out my broken passenger side window assembly and will replace it with a new assembly. I'll be drilling through 1/4" steel horizontal members on top and bottom where riveting will be blind. That is unless I start taking the headliner and wall panels apart.



I'm terrible at getting it all back together so I want to avoid pulling more panels than necesary. This window is already stretching my envelope.



Question: Buck rivets are superior. Okay. But how are blind Olympic rivets (I'm working alone) so much worse? Even the cheapest blind rivets look really strong to me when I've fixed car floors.



Is this window going to pop out with 30+ Olympic rivets in it?



Thanks for advice.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor