My High Speed Internet Solution for working and entertainment

mercredi 2 juillet 2014

I have had requests to post based on this discussion in another thread, and I thought it was timely since 3GStore is running a special on this right now...



I need High Speed Internet access in my Airstream for remote work access, watching movies, streaming Pandora, accessing Dropbox files, or just plain fun. About two years ago, when we bought our new 30' FC, I decided to set it up correctly right away, and it has worked VERY well, and it's very inexpensive. See info copied below from the other thread:

================================================

Here's the link to the Wilson signal booster:



Wilson Sleek 4G Universal SmarTech III Cell Phone/Hotspot Cradle Signal Booster - 460107 [700/800/1900/1700/2100mhz], 132 Reviews : 3Gstore.com



NOTE: it is on sale through July 12 for ($139.99 $40 off!) and shipping is only $5.



I had the dealer mount the antenna to the roof with aircraft adhesive and drill/fill/seal a hole to run the coax into the interior of the Airstream (comes into the stereo cabinet). I then mounted the cradle to the cabinet just above the stereo faceplate (it comes with an adhesive swivel bracket). This allowed me to plug the DC power plug into the 12v outlet that is right above the DVD player.



Every time we are in the airstream, I just pull my Verizon Jetpack out of my briefcase and pop it into the cradle. Voila! Instant wi-fi throughout the trailer.



This works so well for two reasons:

1. It gets the reception OUTSIDE of the trailer by mounting the antenna on the roof.

2. The cradle boosts the signal from the cellphone/jetpack/etc.



I almost always have full signal now (4+ bars) and never use campground wi-fi. It allows me to use my laptop, iPad, phone, etc. all at the same time. My wife also usually has her laptop connected too. We are even able to use our AppleTV in the Airstream to watch movies from iTunes or Amazon Prime.



Hope this helps!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor